These essay questions are for the students studying Schindler’s List.
1. Analyse how TWO or THREE production techniques helped develop your opinion of a main character / individual.
2. Analyse how contrast was used to communicate an important message or idea.
Note: “Contrast” could include contrast between characters or settings; contrast between different episodes / scenes / web pages in terms of style, mood, tone, pace, etc.
3. Describe important symbols in the texts you have studied AND analyse how the symbols helped develop important ideas.
4. ‘A successful text must affect the heart as well as the head.’ Analyse methods used to affect both feelings and thoughts in the texts you have studied.
5. Identify what you consider to be the author’s main purpose in producing each of the texts you have studied AND explore, in depth, one or two main techniques used to achieve this purpose.
6. Analyse techniques used to show changes in main characters or individuals in the texts you have studied AND why these changes were important to each text as a whole.