Very soon you will be sitting your English exams, so how do you make the marker happy?
- Handwriting needs to be clear. Write with a blue or black pen – leave the pink glitter one at home!
- Appropriate style – formal writing is required.
- Remember proper nouns have capitals.
- Spell the title of the text correctly and get the author’s name right!
- Use apostrophes correctly.
- Use the correct booklet – that means write about the film in the visual text booklet and so on.
- Have a clear introduction that sets the essay’s direction.
- Choose a question that suits your text.
- Don’t try and drop in a memorised essay and hope it fits!
- Don’t just retell the plot.
- Use paragraphs. Use them correctly.
- Don’t use slang or text language. OMG PLSE!
- Answer the question. ANSWER THE QUESTION!