These questions are for the students who have studied Tim O’Brien and Seamus Heaney.
1. In what ways does the writer (or writers) you have studied make the reader aware of an important theme or themes?
2. Identify and discuss the effectiveness of three literary techniques which have been used in at least two short texts you have studied.
3. Discuss the importance of symbolism in TWO OR MORE short texts you have studied.
4. Discuss the methods of characterisation used in TWO OR MORE short texts you have studied.
5. What distinctive qualities most impressed you in the work of a writer you have studied this year? Discuss with close reference to TWO OR MORE short texts you have studied.
6. Discuss the various ways the characters in the texts you have studied deal with an issue of significant conflict.
7. Compare and contrast the way two writers have approached a similar subject.