Here is why proof-reading is important. The Daily Mirror has an article about the number of errors in CVs.
In a recent survey of 450 CVs, by a career consultancy company, 81 per cent had spelling or grammar errors and 47 per cent were poorly presented.
Boss of Personal Career Management, Corinne Mills, had the pleasure of sifting through them and here are some of the blunders that she found:
– As security guard my job is to pervert unauthorised people from coming onto the site
– I am a pubic relations officer
– My interests include cooking dogs and interesting people
– I was responsible for dissatisfied customers
– My role involved coaching and mentioning